Mobile Plant & Machinery Insurance
Mobile Plant & Machinery Insurance Policies
Machinery and equipment insurance policies provide protection for most types of plant and equipment in the earthmoving, construction, crane, agriculture and mining industries.
- Cranes / Tower Cranes
- Earthmoving Equipment – Backhoes, Excavators
- Forklifts / Scissor Lifts
- Lifting Equipment
- Concrete / Water Truck
- Drilling Machines – Rock Breakers / Borers
- Farming Equipment / Machinery
- Forestry Equipment – Wood Chippers / Mulchers
An Overview Of Common Policy Coverage
- Material DamageSudden and unexpected physical damage or destruction of a machine.
- Third Party Road Risk LiabilityLegal Liability for Personal Injury and/or property damage of a registered vehicle. This can also extend to road vehicles with temporary road permits, if agreed with insurer.
- Public & Products Liability Legal Liability for Personal Injury or Property Damage caused by an occurrence in connection with the insured. (Note: Some insurers provide limited cover for Public (General) Liability only.
- Care, Custody & Control (Hook) LiabilityLegal Liability for property damage or destruction to third party property in your physical possession or legal control.
- Consequential LossLoss of income cover as a result of damage to a Machine which subsequently causes an interruption to the business and income (does not include substitute hire costs).
- Hired In PlantLiability to hirer arising from damage to a machine that has been hired in for the purpose of use in accordance with their business activities.
- BreakdownCover the reasonable costs to repair the machine to its condition prior to the breakdown (excludes wear and tear, lack of maintenance claims).
- Other Policy FeatureYou also should consider the policy features and benefits, as these vary from insurer to insurer and some are not automatically covered and/or have a sub-limit.
- Accessories/ Tools
- Expediting Costs
- Recovery Costs
- Indemnity Hirer
- Multiple Crane Operation (Multi-lifting)
- Appreciation in value of Machinery
- Additions/Deletions of Machines
- Owners Protections
- Unintentional Non-Deliberate Overload
- Windscreen Replacement
- Dry Hire
- Substitute Hire Costs
- Damage Waiver (Hired Out Plant)
- Wet Hire / Dry Hire Extensions
- Finance Protection
- Underground Risk Limitations / Exclusions
Phone 07 3340 6770 or get an online insurance quote now.