Home » Farm Insurance

Farm Insurance

What is Farm Insurance?

If you work in the agricultural sector you might find that a niche product such as farm, crop and livestock insurance is going to be best suited to what you need. Farm, crop and livestock insurance usually involves a package of different insurance types tailored to cover farm businesses and primary producers for a range of events. Farm Insurance usually comes as a package policy combining a specific group of covers which can include the following:
  • Home and contents: This covers loss and/or damage to the farm owner’s house/homestead building and contents.
  • Farm motor: Similar to a motor vehicle insurance, but covers additional risks that you might be exposed to if you work on a farm
  • Farm machinery: Covers machinery such as tractors, harvester and associated equipment that are used in farming. You might lease your farm machinery, in which case insurance is a mandatory part of the lease agreement.
  • Farm Liability: This is a specialized product and you should make sure you choose an insurance company that understands the additional risks involved in your farm business, to ensure your cover is sufficient.
  • Livestock, fencing and hay insurance: Will protect your farm animals and produce from accidental injury, theft, damage, severe weather events and other mishaps, depending on the policy’s exclusions
  • Farm loss of income and business interruption insurance: Compensation if accidental damage, theft or injury and occasionally severe weather events prevent you from earning an income through your usual business activities.

Phone 07 3340 6770 or get an online insurance quote now.

2020-11-27T14:34:53+00:0012 Aug, 2019|Categories: Business Insurance|